SWAN is a Government of India project under National eGovernance Plan (NeGP) and it is a high bandwidth communication channel which will connect all 10 inhabited islands.
- SWAN will enable e-Governance projects in all states and UTs.
- G2C, G2G and G2B services can be delivered through SWAN.
-In Lakshadweep all offices will be interconnected, with the Head Quarters at Kavaratti.
- Public Grievance Redressal
- Monitoring the work in the Islands with
10 sub divisional officers.
- Participation of officials of Islands in important functions at Kavaratti.