The Battalion has a total sanctioned strength of 1007 as below.
- Commandant -01
- Dy. Commandant -03
- Assistant Commandant -07
- Medical Officer -01
- Inspector (Exe) -07
- Inspector (Wireless) -01
- Sub-Inspector (Exe) -23
- Sub-Inspector (Wireless) -02
- Asst. Sub-Inspector (Exe) -18
- Pharmacist -02
- Head Constable (Exe) -160
- Head Constable (Wireless) -04
- Head Clerk -01
- Stenographer -01
- L D Clerk -05
- Nursing Asst. -01
- Constables (Exe) -675
- Constable (Wireless) -26
- Group 'D' -69
Besides the Commandant, who is an IPS Officer appointed by Ministry of Home Affairs,
the posts of Deputy Commandant, Assistant Commandant, Medical Officer, Inspectors,
Assistant Sub-Inspectors, Pharmacists and Head Constables are to be filled on deputation
basis till such time the Battalion direct recruits mature for promotion against these posts,
as per Recruitment Rule.
The following officers commanded the Battalion for the period noted against each.
- Shri. Dependra Pathak, IPS 17.6.98 26.03.01
- Shri. L Vijay Prasad, IPS 26.03.01 18.06.04
- Shri. R K Sharma, IPS 18.06.04 27.09.04
- Ms. Meenu Choudhary, IPS 27.09.04 05.05.05
- Ms. Sindhu Pillai. A, IPS 05.05.05 30.09.06
- Shri. David Lalrinsanga, IPS 01.10.06 20.01.07
- Shri. G. C. Dwivedi, IPS 20.01.07 09.06.07
- Shri. David Lalrinsanga, IPS 09.06.07
The Battalion is under the Command and dual superintendence of the
Administration of UTs of Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
The budget allocation is also from these two UTs proportionately.